Public Speaking for Loaned Executives and Staff
Public Speaking for Loaned Executives and Staff is fun, informative, practical and motivational, with a history of excellent evaluations in 5 states. Customized for The United Way.
Participants will learn:
How to Embrace the Jitters
• The causes of Speaking Fear
• Preparation Techniques of Good Speakers
• Relaxation Methods and Confidence Builders
Effective Delivery for Impact and Holding Attention
• THE KEY to Easy and Interesting UNITED WAY Presentations
• Don’t Worry, your Style is just fine.
• Tips projecting positive and sincere energy
Speech Strategy : Organizing the UNITED WAY Message
• Working with Notes, Outlines and Hand-Outs
• Strong Openings , Strong Closings, Key UW Facts, and The Logical “Ask”
• The Danger Zones : 3 Things that turn audiences off
Plenty of Coaching Tips on Gestures, Eye Contact, Volume, Humor, Props, and more.
This Workshop is NOT a Lecture ! Lots of class participation, with many participants getting on their feet to get comfortable and “test” Coach Dowd’s techniques on a friendly audience. Volunteer “Test” Presenters are allotted 3 to 5 minutes, using material of their choosing. Mr. Dowd has an interesting technique for helping select their 3-6 minute material.
Facilitated Class Feed-back follows – we only discuss the Good Things – while Dowd Coaches through the teaching points in the outline, above.
Since the best classes feature the most volunteer “test” presenters, this Workshop should be scheduled for a minimum of 3 hours. Can easily last Half Day or Full Day, depending on the number of participants.
This is a refreshing , confidence-building session…high in content, fast paced, and fun.